vegan-gluten free option
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup butter or vegan butter
- 4 cups large oat flakes (regular or gluten free)
- 1 cup almond flour
- In a bowl of a mixer combine all the ingredients except the sliced almonds. Mix at low speed until well combined. Mix in almonds and set aside. This topping can be frozen at this time.
- 8 cups peeled and sliced apples (2.5 kilos) your choice
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 cups frozen (or fresh cranberries)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Peel and slice apples into a bowl. Toss with the fresh lemon juice and let sit 20 minutes.
- Measure out remaining ingredients and mix with sliced apples.
- Grease a 9x13 glass baking dish and fill with filling.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes until apples are soft.
- Sprinkle topping over filling and return to oven for 30 more minutes. The top will be golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold with your favorite topping.