Roasted Salad Turnips and Radishes on Sauteed Greens
Oven Roasted Salad Turnips and Radishes on Sautéed Greens
Salad Turnips can be eaten raw but for some variety roast them with radishes. The tops are also edible and are best sautéed.
Oven roasted salad turnip/radishes:
· 1-bunch salad turnips (about 4)
· 1-bunch radishes (4-5)
· 2 tbsp. olive oil
· 2-3 garlic cloves (optional)
· Pinch of Salt
· ¼ tsp. black pepper
· Greens from 1 bunch of turnips
· 1 tbsp. olive oil Greens
· Salt and pepper to taste.
Directions for roasting:
· Clean and cut turnip and radishes into equal portions.
· Peel garlic and cut in half, remove the middle green sprout.
· Toss in oil, salt and pepper.
· Bake for 30 minutes in 375 ovens or until tender.
· Turn the vegetables over at 15 minutes so both sides brown.
Note: Small cut vegetables can be roasted at higher temperatures for shorter times.
Large cut vegetables are roasted at slower temperatures for longer times.
Directions for Sautéing:
· Wash and spin the turnip tops. Cut the stems of and chop into smaller pieces.
· Sautee in olive oil until tender adding salt and pepper to taste.
· Serve with the roasted turnips and radishes.
· Note: Vegetable tops can be a bit bitter so cut them smaller then you would kale or spinach.